18 September is National First Love Day! This holiday gives us a chance to celebrate the first time we fell in love. Whether it was with a person, a pet, or a passion, this day is for honoring that special someone or something that made our hearts skip a beat for the very first time. Join us in celebrating National First Love Day by reading about its history. And check out some romantic quotes, and send messages to your loved ones!
History of National First Love Day
National First Love Day was created by Thomasursprung in 2015. He chose February 14th as the date for the holiday because it is already known as Valentine’s Day, which celebrates female friendships. Thomasursprung wanted to create a holiday that celebrated all kinds of love, not just romantic love.
Since its creation, National First Love Day has been gaining popularity every year. Social media has played a big role in spreading the word about this holiday and getting people involved. Every year on February 13th, people take to Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram to share their stories about their first loves. This holiday is the perfect opportunity to reminisce about those past loves and maybe even reach out to them to tell them how much they meant to you!
Quotes About First Love
- “A first love always occupies a special place.” – Nicolas Sparks
- “To love for the first time is to lose your innocence.” – Liana Liberato
- “The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved; loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves.” – Victor Hugo
- “Falling in love consists merely in uncorking the imagination and bottling the common sense.” – Helen Rowland
- “I have said nothing because there is nothing I can say that would describe how I feel as perfectly as you deserve it.” – Kyle Schmidt
- “To love at all is to be vulnerable. Love anything and your heart will certainly be wrung and possibly broken. If you want to make sure of keeping intact, you must give your heart completely—slowly and carefully unwrapping delicate major organs and spread them wide open. But don’t expect anyone else to do real surgery on them.” – C.S. Lewis
- “Love makes your soul crawl out from its hiding place.” – Zora Neale Hurston
Messages & Wishes for National First Love Day
Happy National First Love Day! I’m so grateful for our first love and all the happy memories we shared together. I hope you have a wonderful day!
- Wishing you all the happiness your first love could bring on this special day! May your day be filled with lots of love!
On this National First Love Day, I reflect on our very special relationship and how blessed I am. You mean everything to me and I cherish our time together immensely!
We hope you have enjoyed reading about National First Love Day! This holiday is a great opportunity to celebrate that very special person or thing that made your heart race for the very first time. What better way to celebrate than by reading some touching quotes or sending messages of love? We hope you have a wonderful day surrounded by all of the people and things you love most!